22 June 2012

Costco Memberships & Summer Rompers

Before Italy I was so busy working at the campaign and preparing for the trip that I would think to myself, Yes, I'm having a baby in the future sometime, but how could I possibly have the time to prepare for that?

The trip to Italy ended, and I am now 32.5 weeks along with nothing to distract me from the reality of this baby train. I must now do things that real adults do like move to the suburbs, get a Costco membership, make my bed, refer to things as “investments”, remember birthdays, decorate my apartment for the holidays, grow plants recreationally, and pack lunches.

But as a surprise to me the suburbs are great (we’re moving to a 2 bedroom with a garage!), Costco is the best, and I’m kind of excited about planting an herb garden, so I guess adulthood is happening. I'm now in the height of my baby preparations, nesting up a storm and it’s pretty awesome.

Speaking of baby prep, our bambino had a very successful shopping trip to Italy. Exhibit A:
A journal to write for him and a summer romper (because all petits garçons need one)
His baby blanket
Another summer romper (he will obviously need two) and a Venice sweatshirt

1 comment:

alyse said...

i feel the same way... do i have to join the mommy playgroup in our ward now that i'm having a baby? i'm kind of resisting it and trying to keep myself independent (we'll see how long that lasts). but we have been proud costco members since we got married because we love it so much--how much greater can you get than the free samples? also, i WISH we could plant an herb garden but our apartment doesn't really have a very great location for that.